Friday, May 9, 2008

White Trash NASCAR fan....

BRISTOL
ONE OF MY GOALS IN LIFE....

I am one. I admit it. I have the side burns, the hats, I'm growin the gut, and I have the NASCAR passion to prove it. But I ask you, what's wrong with being one? On any give race day, more people fill the stands of those race tracks then any other sporting event in the states. Period. Im talking 100's of thousands of people. At the Brickyard 400 in Indy, it's said that over 400,000 people are there to see the race. That's HUGE! And I wanna be one of them sonbiznitches out there rootin on them southern boys. I hear that attending one of these events is like nothing else on earth. The sights (watching not only the race, but the characters that attend these races), the deafening sounds, the smell of Sonoko fuel in the air, a thousand horse power roaring at 6000 RPM. Besides, name me any sporting event other than NASCAR that starts with a PRAYER and the national anthem.....There's nothin more american and it's gotta be amazing.

People say that it's not a sport. That them boys aren't athletes. Have you driven 190+ miles per hour for four or five straight hours or for 300+ miles? I sure haven't and probably couldn't physically take it... I read a simple philisophical take on why NASCAR divers are athletes. It's this: NASCAR is a sport. Anyone who participates in a sport is an athlete. Nascar drivers are athletes. There, it's simple as that.

NASCAR is not all that bad, and it's not all bad being a NASCAR fan. That's all Im trying to say. Even if you don't like it, you can't deny the legitimacy of it all. And if you wanna label me as white trash, go ahead. Im proud of it. Just be sure to put EAST SIDE in front of it!

1 comment:

Matthew Glenn said...

Say it aint so!!! Your respect o meter just dropped! What happened to basketball or even wrestling???? NASCAR??? HE'S GOING LEFTTTTT! HE'S STILL GOING LEFT!!!